Pass a kid a camera and they love to take pictures of their world. Photography is a fun and exciting topic to teach your kids. Here are some resources to help them perfect their photo taking skills.
This post may contain affiliate links.
- Photography Unit Study by Cindy Downes on How to Homeschool Today
- 31 Days to a Better Photo by My 3 Boybarians
- 13 Lessons To Teach Your Child About Digital Photography by Digital Photography School
- Teaching Kids Photography : Part 1 & Part 2 on Boost Your Photography
- Digital Camera Lesson Plan on BrainPop (some parts aren’t accessible without a membership)
- Learning Photography in your Homeschool for Free on FreeHomeschoolDeals
- 3 Lesson Plans for High School Photography Classes on Improve Photography
- 1000+ DIY Photo Lessons & Tutorials on Today’s Plans
- Digital Photography Unit Study by Amanda Bennett ($10.95)
- Photography Unit Study from the Homeschool Learning Network ($3.95)
- Digital Photography Classroom Activities from Evan Moore ($9.75CDN)
- Photography and Digital Editing Tutorials from I Heart Faces
Projects & Activities
- Teach Kids Photography with a Scavenger Hunt on Livestrong
- Photography Projects for Kids on Homeschooling Ideas
- 15 Photography Projects For Kids on At Home With Kids
- Learn About Aperture with a DIY Model Camera from Betsy’s Photography
Tips & Tricks
- 3 Tips to Teach Your Child Photography by Yellow Bliss Road
- How to Teach Your Child Photography by DIY Photography
- Photo Photography Tips for Kids by MPix Blog
- Taking Photos by BrainPOP Jr.
- Cameras by BrainPOP
- Photography for Kids: A Video Guide – Comparing Cameras | Proper Handling | Shoot Locations | Focusing Tips | Composition Rules | Flash Options | Photo Editing Basics
Do you have any other recommendations for resources to teach your child camera skills? Share in the comments below.