There is something especially alluring about the study of Ancient Egypt. The grandness of the Pyramids. The Mysteriousness of such a wise and interesting civilization. Mummies. Tomb hunting. Pharaohs. If you are looking to study Ancient Egypt, here is a collection of resources to reference.
- Ancient Egypt – from Open School BC. A 9 part lesson series including assignments, etc. (Just ignore the send in requests.)
- Egypt’s Golden Empire – from PBS Educators. An 8 part lesson series. (The main website has lots of great resources, like a virtual library, etc)
- Online Theme Unit: Egypt – from Scholastic. Includes 5 mini-lessons about Mummies, Pyramids, Gods & Goddesses, Heiroglyphics, and general Ancient Egypt.
- Teacher’s Guide: Ancient Egypt – from Discover Kids. A multi-activity lesson plan (need free membership to access)
- Egypt Unit Study – Grades 1 to 3. From Royal Baloo.
- Ancient Egyptian Art Lessons – from Arty Factory.
- Who are the Ancient Egyptians, Who are the Egyptians, and Who Am I? – a Grade 7 lesson about the effects of media on identity from Multicultural Canada.
Worksheets, Notebooks, and Lapbooks
- Ancient Egypt Lapbook on Homeschool Share
- Ancient Egypt Lapbook – links and resources to create your own Egypt lapbook.
- 3D Ancient Egypt Lapbook – from Practical Pages.
- Ancient Egypt Notebooking Pages from Activity Village
- Flashcards, worksheets, notebooking pages & matching game – from Primary Treasure Chest
- Egypt Pack – from 3 Dinosaurs. Designed for Pre-K to 1
- Egyptian Hieroglyphic Alphabet Reference Sheet – from Scholastic.
- Ancient Egypt Definition Cards from Reference Parent
- Maps of Ancient Egypt – printables
- Ancient Egypt Worksheets – from History for Kids
Crafts & Activities
- Make a Mummy Case – from the Royal Ontario Museum
- Egyptian 3D Fact Pyramid – from Crayola
- Pharoah Mask – Paper Mache craft from DLTK
- Egypt Colouring Page from Activity Village – design a death mask and sarcophagus, maps, and colouring pictures.
- Ancient Egypt Paper Dolls from Practical Pages
- Apple Mummification
- Egyptian Papyrus Paper Craft – from Crayola
- Make an Egyptian Reed Boat – from Creekside Learning
- Write Your Name in Hieroglyphics – from the Royal Ontario Museum
- Eternal Egypt – a detailed reference website with virtual environments, animations, maps, timelines and much more.
- Ancient Egypt – from the British Museum. Great resource wesite.
- Coffin and mummy of the lady Djedmaatesankh – Images from the Royal Ontario Museum – See the intricate art designs and the CAT scan images
- Virtual Tour of Ancient Egypt – See inside the Great Pyramids, around the Sphinx, and other key places from PBS NOVA
- What Makes a Pyramid? – From Wonderopolis
- Ancient Egypt Online – a detailed reference website
- Discover Ancient Egypt – games about clothing, landscape, tomb exploring, and more from the National Museum of Scotland
- Egyptian Bread Recipe – from Here Come the Girls
- Hot Dog Mummies – from Get Creative Juice
- Exploring Ancient Egypt – a documentary tour of various sites.
- Ancient Egypt: Crash Course
- Horrible Histories: Egypt
- The Mummification Process from the Getty Museum
- Ancient Egypt Cartoon
Books & Toys
1 thought on “Teach Your Kids About Ancient Egypt”
Thanks for sharing! I’ve added it to my history board for the next time we are studying the ancients 🙂